Jumbo Blueberry Muffins (or Cranberry)



Recipe #114536
YIELD: 6 muffins
COMMENT: Filled the tin until the rim plus more. Domed top lined or unlined. Better if lined, because crumbs sticks to the tins, but I didn’t had a hard time removing. Blueberries too much on the muffin, I shouldn’t double the recipe instead for that amount of BB. Moist, sweetness was ok. My comment: taste like canned.
CHANGES: BB from canned. Whole WW taken from Yvette’s
EQUIPMENT: Mid rack; Dark muffin tins; Lined 4 muffins (same height was the one without) they domed
350º = 20min then foiled (once domed & sides were getting brown)
325º = 10 min
PRECEDURE:
1. Combine dry; Mixed wet
2. Tried to coat the blueberries with the dry but the wetness soaked the dry (maybe because I put too little dry in) But that’s ok since blueberries didn’t stick into the bottom of the muffin
3. Fold blueberries into the mixture
RECIPE:

4 eggs
2 cups milk
1 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (1 teaspoon almond and vanilla extract if you're using cranberries)
1/2 teaspoon butter flavor extract (don't worry if you don't have it)
6 cups flour
2 cups white sugar
8 teaspoons baking powder (yes, 8)
2 teaspoons salt

4 cups blueberries or cranberries (If you want a "true-blue" muffin, mash part of the blueberries)
1. Mix all ingredients, added the berries once everything is mixed and pour into well-greased muffins tins (I only bake in the jumbo pans).
2. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes (longer for jumbo).
3. Muffins are done when toothpick comes out clean in center.
4. Makes 4 dozen muffins.
5. Note: When I make cranberry muffins I sprinkle coarse sugar and slivered almonds on top before baking).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home