Kitchen Duty

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Basic Pie Crust I (2nd)


Recipe #117324
1st Basic Pie Crust


YEILDS: 2 crusts
Made Chicken Pot Pie with this crust

COMMENT:
Made
Chicken Pot Pie with this crust. I think they're less flaky than first time i baked them. Lots of leftovers for 4 big ramekins and 5 small ramekins

CHANGES:
use 191.37 g of butter (w/ 1/4 c margarine) = 13.5 T
use around 1/2 c water or more (?)

PROCEDURE:
1. Cut fat into cubes ( a little smaller than the last time i did)
2. FP: flour and salt, process the fat, they turned smaller cubes than the last time i did this curst.
3. I had a hard time determining if my added liquid is enough. Mold the crust (not as pact as i want) had some cracked when i chilled it in the freezer. I hope there weren't as dry as i think they were.

RECIPE:

2Ftd>
19%

Cruella De Ville

13%
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego?
created with QuizFarm.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home